Nepal is a blissful place and home to every adventure lover. The trekking sports in Nepal range from Everest base camps to treks like the Manaslu circuit trek. These trips offer an amazing view of the sunset and mountain areas. Especially in the month of December, it’s sure going to be a beautiful sight to gaze at. Let us view a few of the best treks in Nepal is:
- Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek
A short yet happy trekking tour that gives you a happy 10-holiday trip
- Gokyo Ri & Gokyo Lakes
A short Everest trekking package that guides you to the highest freshwater system in the world.
- Langtang Valley Trekking
Get to meet and interact with indigenous people from various cultures.
- Mardi Himal Trek
A short yet cheerful trekking trip where you’ll surely enjoy the mountain tops.
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp
Enjoy a 3-week trekking tour that gives you the best ride of the ultimate wild side of Nepal.
This is all about adventurous and exciting trekking trips, but what about your travel insurance in Nepal? Fun is undoubtedly the best part of every trip, but safety comes hand in hand too.
Travel insurance for trips? Heard it for the time right?
Well, fret not! We at ACS360 understand all about safety and hence, got ourselves IRDAI approved becoming India’s first comprehensive sports & adventure cover.
What Is Trekking Travel Insurance And Why Is It Important When Trekking In Nepal
Trekking by nature is a high-risk activity. You are at a high altitude (above 8,000 ft), the weather is unpredictable and the terrain is usually difficult too. Illnesses, accidents and injuries aren’t uncommon in the mountains. Most of these can be sourced for a couple of reasons.
Travel Insurance in Nepal is the most important part of your planning. Now, you may say that you have your own life insurance or even a medical insurance policy. But, chances are these policies do not cover risks incorporated while participating in adventurous activities, out of which is trekking.
A few pointers to understand before getting your travel insurance plans.
1. High altitude
Trekking in mountain districts includes going to high altitudes. At this altitude, conventional travel insurance simply doesn’t cut it. Some insurance providers will cover you up to 3,000 metres, which is perfect for the alps, but not the Himalayas, Kilimanjaro or Aconcagua.
2. Off-mountain accidents
Off-mountain accidents are obviously a risk – the most well-known sickness related to gastro issues. Your travel insurance must cover any accidents and illnesses that can happen while travelling.
3. Hiking accidents
It’s not good to contemplate, yet accidents in all actuality do happen on trekking trips. Mountains can be risky both for beginners as well as experts. Falls, rock slides and unexpected issues can bring about serious injuries. Indeed, even basic wounds like a bent lower leg can make it difficult to clear at high elevations.
How Asc360 Is The Best Travel Insurance For Trekking In Nepal
ASC360 is India’s first comprehensive sports & adventure cover provider, functioning with an aim at making the outdoors a more secure place. We are IRDA-approved, and build a conscious community of adventure enthusiasts to support and promote safer outdoor experiences for all age groups.
Why choose our best travel insurance for trekking in Nepal?
Let us give you a few heads-up!
- Our policies have been designed to cover 200+ sports and adventure activities across all four categories- air, water, land and mountaineering.
- The policy is 100% customisable and can provide coverage up to 25 crores.
- ASC 360 can be customised for short durations, as low as 1 day or can be extended up to 1 year, depending on the need & nature of an activity
- A few of our insurance partners are well-known companies like Bajaj Allianz, ICICI Lombard, etc.
The travel insurance Nepal plans include:
- Geographical Scope of Travel
- Maximum Trip Duration
- Age Limit & Insurance plans to choose accordingly.
Things Normal Travel Insurance Doesn’t Cover And We Cover
We don’t play the “comparison” game but can give you a few reasons to choose us.
- 500+ Sports & Adventure Activities Covered
- On-Call Medical Advisory And Evacuation Assistance
- Conceptualised And Executed India’s Biggest Trekking Summit With Ladakh District Administration By Providing Adventure Insurance, Medical And Rescue Facilities To Trekkers And Adventure Staff.
- Insured 3260 Trekkers On Chadar Trek 2019, Treated 1367 Patients And Rescued 33 Trekkers.
- ASC360 Provides Local Rescue Teams
- Insured 99% Of All Indian Expeditions Above 6000 And 8000 Metres In Nepal And China Since 2017
- Settled Accidental & Sickness Claims And Multiple Death Claims.
The list can go on and on!
Wrapping it up!
If you have already got your Nepal Trekking Trip planned but haven’t packed your travel insurance plan yet. Then this sure is your wake-up call! Get in touch with ASC360’s exceptional customer care team and book our best travel insurance for trekking in Nepal today!