Trekking adventure has recently risen to its peak in Indian youth. According to thrillophilia adventure sports industry in India has seen a jump of 178% since 2017 and the most popular adventure sport has been trekking. So along with an increase in popularity youth have lots of questions that will be answered in this Trekking FAQ article
- What to wear for trekking?
Winter Trek: wear a skull cap, hand gloves, trekking padded jacket, trousers, and snow boots
Summer Trek: wear any light color polyester t-shirt, shorts/trousers, hiking shoes, and sunglasses.
Monsoon Trek: wear rain cover shirt and pants, caps, and hiking shoes
- Which shoes are best for trekking?
Choosing the all-season trekking shoes is one of the most significant challenges mostly for beginners, so here are the 3 tips for choosing the perfect trekking shoes
- Choose shoe soles with good depth in the lugs to get a proper grip
- Look for high ankle support
- Water resistance
- What are trekking poles for?
The trekking pole act as our third leg in the trekking helps in safety and saves lots of energy in the long and risky trek
- What to carry for trekking?
Things that you can not afford to miss during a trek are trekking shoes, sunglasses, rain cover, suncream, trekking pole, water bottle, and healthy snacks. If you are trekking at the night then don’t forget to carry a flashlight.
- How to join a trekking group?
You can easily find many trekking groups on Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Can running shoes be used for trekking?
Wearing running shoes is not recommended during the trek as they won’t protect from sharp rocks and can easily get wet during rainy or winter treks.
- How to avoid leeches while trekking?
Always apply a good amount of antiseptics on your exposed body part before the trek and try to wear a full body cover T-shirt and pants during the trek
- How to prepare your body for trekking?
- Start exercising a few days prior to your trek such as cycling, running, or swimming to improve your strength and stamina
- Keep your calf strong with squats and heel raise
- Yoga and meditation will help your body during the low-altitude trek
- Follow healthy diet
- Can we wear jeans for trekking?
Avoid wearing jeans or any tight-fitting clothes during the trek as it would very uncomfortable with no breathing and moisture-wicking space,